Improving Project Outcomes
In an effort to discuss the current conditions of the construction industry to see what works well and what needs improved, the following organizations united:
Improving Project Outcomes is an ongoing, open-discussion among the members of the four groups. Here are the resources that were born out of these collaborative sessions:
- Improving Project Outcomes - The Foundation. This inaugural session was held during April of 2017. It was extremely successful in that the discussion lively and from this session it was determined that our region was ripe for this sort of best practice sharing discussions. Here is a recap of our inaugural session.
- Step 1, Choosing the Right Delivery Method. This session was held September 6, 2017. Here is the recap of this session.
- Step 2, Best Practices in Team Selection. This session was held December 6, 2017. Recap coming.
- Prevention Through Design. Strategies were shared on preventing and controlling occupational injuries, illnesses, and fatalities by designing out hazards and risks.
- Technology Implementation Planning. This discussion focused on project stakeholders providing input during the preconstruction phase to assure the proper technology is used to achieved project deliverables.
- Understanding the Separations Act. Candid discussion from public construction stakeholders on the multiple prime mandate.
- What is Leadership? A Vietnam War hero who received the Purple Heart and Bronze Star and a gridiron star who won four Super Bowls as a member of the Pittsburgh Steelers, Rocky Bleier shares invaluable life lessons on teamwork and leadership that can be applied to the construction industry. For more information and to register click here.